Good morning Powel families,
I hope you are all well.
We are slowly inching up on the first day of school and with the switch to a full virtual model, the District is still finalizing some details.
Here is what I can tell you:
– September 2nd will be our first day of “Virtual School”.
– Students will be engaged in a structured virtual program with a full day of learning to include live instruction in whole and small groups, as well as work times to practice skills and complete assignments.
– In addition to learning in the core subjects (literacy, math, science, social studies), all students will receive one specialist class, each day
– Activities to support students social and emotional learning are also included in our daily schedule. This includes morning check ins, guidance lesson and mindfulness activities, each week.
– The District has committed to ensuring that every child has a laptop for instruction.
– Laptops are being distributed NOW at 440 N. Broad Street on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9 am – noon.
Please make sure you have ID and your child’s student ID number if you need a laptop.
– Beginning August 17th, laptops will be distributed EVERYDAY from 9 am – 2 pm at the following locations:
– 440 N. Broad Street (Center City)
– Fitzpatrick School Annex (Far Northeast)
– Martin Luther King High School (West Oak Lane)
Again, please make sure you have ID and your child’s student ID number when you arrive at the site.
As always, if you have questions please feel free to contact me at email@example.com