Admission to Powel School

Powel School accepts about 50% of its total student body from outside of its catchment area. If you don’t live within our catchment area, you can apply to voluntary transfer to our school here.

Powel’s catchment area

Click here to visit an interactive map that will allow you to identify the catchment/boundary area associated with your home address. If you live  outside of Powel’s catchment, you can apply for voluntary transfer to Powel School.  See below for how to apply for a voluntary transfer (but check the district web site, too, for up-to-date information).

Voluntary transfer process

Families that reside outside of our catchment area must compete an online voluntary transfer form by the second Friday of December for the following school year.

Registering your child at Powel

Registration for Kindergarten students for the following school year occurs from the 4th week of January to the last week of May in the preceding school year. Registration for all other students occurs the 3rd week of August through the beginning of the new school year.

The following documents are required when registering your child:

  1. Parent/Legal Guardian must provide photo Identification (examples: Current PA Drivers License/Non-Drivers License or valid Federal, State or Municipal employment identification, Passport).
  2. Proof of Residency (examples: Deed, Original Rental Agreement/Lease (must be typed, signed by all parties and notarized), Current Voter Registration Card, Current Utility Bill, (e.g. PECO, PGW), Foster care and DHS letters are also acceptable for registration when student is in the care of a Foster/child care agency. Shelter placement or residency letters are also acceptable for homeless students).
  3. Proof of your child’s age. Acceptable proof includes birth, baptismal or other religious certificates, a passport or immigration documents.
  4. Your child’s Health Appraisal Forms and immunization records showing proof of the following inoculations: Diphtheria, Tetanus, Poliomyelitis, Measles, Mumps, Rubella (German measles), Hepatitis B, and Varicella (chicken pox).
  5. Your child’s most recent report card and any other useful information (IEP, etc.) from the child’s former school or school district.

©2015 Powel Home & School Association. All rights reserved.